Recruiting passionate teachers for our partner schools globally.
We are seeking a qualified HOMEROOM TEACHER ELEMENTARY, who can start in August 2018 with our Partner School located in Kuwait.
Our Partner school is a private school in Kuwait offering the US curriculum. They are seeking exceptional teachers to join their team.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
• Minimum 2 years full time teaching experience
• Teacher Certification (Level 1)
• Native English speaker
• Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills (verbal and written)
• Use initiative and independent judgement within established procedural guidelines
• Ability to analyze data and recommend effective solutions
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
• Ability to effectively assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, leadership team, and stakeholders.
• Responsible for creating a positive educational climate for students to learn in and instructing students in grades K-5.
• Creates lesson plans, assessments, administers praise and constructive criticism, instructs students on subjects such as language arts, science, social studies, civics, literature, and math, and creates a well-rounded, comprehensive instructional program.
• Plan, conduct, and assess activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, investigate, and develop their learning in a dynamic environment.
• Develop, create, and adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
• Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
• Create interactive, dynamic lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year according to the pacing of the lessons delivered.
• Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
• Implement the school’s curriculum in a manner that reflects the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
• Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
• Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
• Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
• Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
• Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by school policies and administrative regulations (including but not limited to grading papers, maintaining grade books, portfolios, etc).
• Prepare students for later grades and university by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
• Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
• Prepare for assigned classes, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisors.
• Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of elementary school programs.
• Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
• Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
• Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
• Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
• Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
• Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine student strengths and areas of need.
• Supervise, evaluate, and plan assignments for teacher assistants.
• Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Sponsor extracurricular activities such as clubs, student organizations, and academic contests.
• Performs other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal.
SALARY & ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
• 650 KWD – 1045 KWD monthly depending on Educational Qualifications and Experience
• Single Furnished Accommodation
• Round trip ticket to home country
• Shared Transport from Accommodation to School and vice versa
• 100%Tuition fee discount for two children and 50% discount for third and subsequent children.
Why EDUCATION 1st RECRUITMENT LTD?
Based in the UK and Middle East, our Global Consultants aim to provide exceptional teaching staff to Partner schools.
We are able to offer Schools and Teachers a personalised service by visiting schools to identify their requirements. Our multinational positioning means that we can swiftly respond to clients. We strive to exceed expectations by hard work and commitment.
Are you an eager, well-rounded, passionate and ambitious teacher?
Are you ready to start your new adventure?
Please contact us using the “Apply for Job” box below.
Let’s connect and you will receive our latest vacancies by:
Refer your friends and we will offer you a generous commission once they are hired!