Recruiting passionate teachers for our partner schools globally.
We are seeking a qualified SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER – MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL, who can start in August 2018 with our Partner School located in Kuwait.
Our Partner school is a private school in Kuwait offering the US curriculum. They are seeking exceptional teachers to join their team.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science with major in Geography from reputed University (UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland, South Africa)
• Preferable: Minimum of three years teaching Experience of schools with similar academic standards.
• Native English speaker
• Ability to Multi Task, Assess, Organize, and Work under Pressure with minimal supervision; Ability to Prioritize& take Initiative; Teaching and Leadership skills; Self-Motivated, Flexible and Adaptable.
• Knowledge and experience in working within a school environment
• Ability to plan, prepare materials, and carry out activities that are fun, educational, and foster personal-social, physical, and academic skills.
• Ability to maintain a safe and secure learning environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with children and their families.
• Ability to work well with diverse families
• Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills.
• Using initiative within established procedural guidelines.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, leadership and stakeholders.
• Operating a personal computer utilizing a wide variety of specialized software.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet
• Good in written and spoken English.
• To take prime responsibility for planning and delivery of the subject area program.
• To ensure that all students have equal access to the planned learning activities.
• Preparing and delivering ability and age-appropriate curricula.
• Demonstrating hands-on activities prior to assignment.
• Assigning homework, including supplemental reading and social science projects.
• Able to divide their teaching time between the classroom, where they lecture on textbook subject matter,lead class discussions and hands-on activities take place.
• Evaluating student performance on tests, reports and activities.
• Through field trips, mixed media materials and computer research, encourage students to explore the natural world around them .
• Collaborating with other teachers, staff, students and parents to support student progress.
• Staying current on the historic and geographic discoveries.
• Coordinating school fairs, Mentoring students and preparing them for competitions.
• Maintains requirements for the assessment and recording of students’ academic and behavioral development.
• Provides feedback to parents on the progress of students during meetings and otherwise as required.
• Coordinates activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supports colleagues in the delivery of other specialist areas.
• Organizes and takes part in school events, outings and activities which may take place during working days weekends or after hours.
• Maintains relationship with parents and grade coordinators to maximize their involvement in the school and the achievement of academic and social objectives of the school. Cooperates with appropriate personnel in the recommendation, placement, and assignment of students to levels and special programs.
• Coordinates departmental duties including preparation of reports, agendas, minutes and surveys.
• Undertakes additional duties, as circumstances arise, that may be designated by the Vice-Principal and/or the Principal.
• Attends staff meetings and training workshops as and when required.
• Participates in the school’s program of CPD and Performance Management Programs.
SALARY & ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
• 650 KWD – 1045 KWD monthly depending on Educational Qualifications and Experience
• Single Furnished Accommodation
• Round trip ticket to home country
• Shared Transport from Accommodation to School and vice versa
• 100%Tuition fee discount for two children and 50% discount for third and subsequent children.
Why EDUCATION 1st RECRUITMENT LTD?
Based in the UK and Middle East, our Global Consultants aim to provide exceptional teaching staff to Partner schools.
We are able to offer Schools and Teachers a personalised service by visiting schools to identify their requirements. Our multinational positioning means that we can swiftly respond to clients. We strive to exceed expectations by hard work and commitment.
Are you an eager, well-rounded, passionate and ambitious teacher?
Are you ready to start your new adventure?
Please contact us using the “Apply for Job” box below.
Let’s connect and you will receive our latest vacancies by:
Refer your friends and we will offer you a generous commission once they are hired!